Post Workout Recovery Powder
About Post Gold:
Today’s modern day athlete demands more from cutting-edge science and expects a post-workout to deliver a faster, stronger, leaner recovery. Although protein is an essential part of post workout recovery, it is just one piece of the puzzle that our bodies need. Post Gold has the rest and it brings a whole new meaning to the word GAINS! Key ingredients include BCAAs, Beta Alanine, Betaine, GABA, Glutamine, and Choline Bitartrate.
The BCAAs: leucine, isoleucine, and valine, make up 35-40% of the essential dietary amino acids in body protein and 14-18% of total amino acids in muscle protein.1,2
Based on these percentages, it is no surprise that BCAAs have become an essential part of any athlete’s daily routine
. Recent studies have shown the promising effects of ingesting BCAAs to reduce muscle damage, fatigue, and soreness, as well as increase energy metabolism, and enhance overall exercise performance .3-5
In addition to BCAAs, Beta Alanine is another amino acid that has gained tremendous popularity as a vital component to any muscle building and recovery matrix. Beta Alanine
has been researched extensively and literature shows significant decreases in perceived exertion, increases in muscle carnosine levels, and improvements in muscular endurance
Increase Growth Hormones
is an organic compound that is found naturally in a variety of food sources including sugar beets, wheat bran, spinach, shrimp, and much more.8
Its main function is to protect cells under stress
and has also been shown to increase growth hormone levels by approximately 6.37% and IGF-1 levels by 11.6%
, thus enhancing the anabolic signaling environment in the body and protein synthesis in muscle.8,9
In addition, GABA
, another revolutionary ingredient found in Post Gold
, has gained increasing popularity for its effect on growth hormone levels.GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid) is a neurotransmitter with the primary role of sending chemical messages throughout the brain and nervous system. Studies have shown that GABA supplementation at rest and post exercise increases growth hormone levels by 400%
, therefore playing an extremely important role in the growth and maintenance of skeletal muscle.10,11
Reduce Fatigue and Body Fat
, another key ingredient in Post Gold
, has shown great promise for increasing growth hormone levels. Studies have found that supplementation with Glutamine resulted in an astounding 430% increase in plasma growth hormone
The final piece to this recovery puzzle is Choline, a member of the vitamin B-Complex family
. Supplementing with Choline can minimize
the development of exercise-related fatigue
since plasma choline levels are significantly reduced following intense exercise. Choline supplementation also contributes to a significant increase in lipid metabolism
and studies have shown as much as a 10.23% reduction in body fat.13
These ingredients are backed by innovative and ground-breaking research, delivering a formula designed to take recovery and muscle gains to the NEXT LEVEL! Recover FASTER, STRONGER, and LEANER with this amazing Post Workout Recovery Matrix from Ultimate Nutrition’s Gold Series! Go after the Gold with Post Gold!!!
Complete your stack with Ultimate Nutrition's Pre Gold
and Intra Gold
- Riazi R, Wykes LJ, Ball RO, Pencharz PB. The total branched-chain amino acid requirement in young healthy adult men determined by indicator amino acid oxidation by use of L-[1-13C]phenylalanine. J Nutr. 2003;133:1383–9.
- Layman DK, Baum JI. Dietary protein impact on glycemic control during weight loss. J Nutr. 2004;134 (Suppl):S968–73.
- Kim, D. H., Kim, S. H., Jeong, W. S., & Lee, H. Y. (2013). Effect of BCAA intake during endurance exercises on fatigue substances, muscle damage substances, and energy metabolism substances.Journal of Exercise Nutrition and Biochemistry,17(4), 169-180.
- Leahy, D. T., & Pintauro, S. J. (2013). Branched-chain amino acid plus glucose supplement reduces exercise-induced delayed onset muscle soreness in college-age females.ISRN nutrition,2013.
- Shimomura, Y., Yamamoto, Y., Bajotto, G., Sato, J., Murakami, T., Shimomura, N., ... & Mawatari, K. (2006). Nutraceutical effects of branched-chain amino acids on skeletal muscle.The Journal of nutrition,136(2), 529S-532S.
- Glenn, J. M., Smith, K., Moyen, N. E., Binns, A., & Gray, M. (2015). Effects of acute beta-alanine supplementation on anaerobic performance in trained female cyclists.Journal of nutritional science and vitaminology,61(2), 161-166.
- Trexler, E. T., Smith-Ryan, A. E., Stout, J. R., Hoffman, J. R., Wilborn, C. D., Sale, C., ... & Campbell, B. (2015). International society of sports nutrition position stand: Beta-Alanine.Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition,12(1), 1.
- Apicella, J. M., Lee, E. C., Bailey, B. L., Saenz, C., Anderson, J. M., Craig, S. A., ... & Maresh, C. M. (2013). Betaine supplementation enhances anabolic endocrine and Akt signaling in response to acute bouts of exercise.European journal of applied physiology,113(3), 793-802.
- Pryor, J. L., Craig, S. A., & Swensen, T. (2012). Effect of betaine supplementation on cycling sprint performance. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 9(1), 1.
- Powers, M. E., Yarrow, J. F., McCoy, S. C., & Borst, S. E. (2008). Growth hormone isoform responses to GABA ingestion at rest and after exercise. Medicine and science in sports and exercise,40(1), 104.
- Cavagnini, F., Invitti, C., Pinto, M., Maraschini, C., Di Landro, A., Dubini, A., & Marelli, A. (1980). Effect of acute and repeated administration of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. Acta endocrinologica,93(2), 149-154.
- Welbourne, T. C. (1995). Increased plasma bicarbonate and growth hormone after an oral glutamine load.The American journal of clinical nutrition,61(5), 1058-1061.
- Elsawy, G., Abdelrahman, O., & Hamza, A. (2014). Effect of choline supplementation on rapid weight loss and biochemical variables among female Taekwondo and Judo athletes. Journal of human kinetics,40(1), 77-82.